You just passed your school exams with Computer Science or a Bachelors Degree in Technology and deeply waiting for the results and thinking of what’s next? Shall you head towards further advanced studies or a job that you have been dreaming about? Your dream job might not come easy given your technical qualifications or even with higher grades they don’t come easy but you have to plan hard, plan perfect and plan strategically. Facing the technical interview questions round after round needs some very good homework and aptitudes.
The following things are a must in order to crack the interview rounds as gathered from experience.
- What are the technical questions that you think you are weak on? Is it the Algorithmic Structure or any specific programming language ( Java, Php, ASP, C#, Python DataScience etc.) or the Database Concepts with its normalizations?
- Once sorted you can work on them by gathering different study materials and concepts or the internet for those specifics.
- Basic Programming Logic related questions- A very common thing on the technical interview rounds are based on the questions related to loops, logical structures, switch cases etc. So, you must learn them by heart and practice basic programming logic related questions.
- Database Concepts – You need to learn about the database and its key concepts, normalization techniques and procedures, their dimensions and compatibility.You already know about SQL and genuinely prepare yourself to it so no more suggestions here. Nowadays MySql is quite famous and mostly used. But side by side you can learn Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, SQLite, MongoDB etc. If you are applying for an administrator role you need to be more concrete with questions.
- Operating Systems – You will be confronted with basic OS related concepts like kernel, thread and its operations, process. procedures, pipelines, user permissions, etc etc.Generally Linux and Windows are the benchmarks here. Also, you should have an idea of computing a few programs here.Furthermore, mobile applications have presented the world with Android, iOS Operating system ideas as well. So, a basic idea on those will help you a lot.
- Data Structures & Algorithms – The final frontier, is a MUST have for all the exams on technical grounds. Concepts of Sorting, Binary Trees, Search, List, Array etc. This is the most feared section of all the technical interview questions faced during the technical interview rounds.
- Mathematical Concepts – Core to the core you can’t leave it out. This stands as the root of all the things explained above.Must learn Math related functions and its usage ( which is almost similar to all of the programs ).
- What do you know about the company or the role which you are applying for? It is very important that you know about the company you are applying for and the role in which you are interested in unless you have been directly recruited by your college/school.
- Why are you interested in that very role and why they are going to take you in their company? These are not technical but very common aptitude related questions that you are going to confront.
Finally, you should consider some good books to learn from, some guides which will help you to strategize your career building. Following are some references for some in order to boost up your mindset-
Data Structures and Algorithms- http://amzn.to/2uspL0t
Operating System Concepts – http://amzn.to/2tiYK0K
Fundamentals of Database Systems – http://amzn.to/2us3U9p
Inside The Tech Interview – http://amzn.to/2nFhQMs